A word about our ethos
As a small business it’s easy to imagine that our impact on the environment is insignificant but we know that’s not the case. For us, being in business carries a responsibility and we embrace the opportunity that provides. As such we’re on a journey to constantly improve and refine our approach to sustainability with the aim of minimizing our environmental footprint.
Here are some of the commitments we’ve already made.
- To work with local food producers and suppliers to reduce food miles.
- To collaborate with farmers and estates with high environmental and animal welfare standards.
- To minimize waste and packaging by using glass bottles with a collection system, wooden cutlery from sustainable sources and biodegradable food wrapping.
- Glass Bottles.
- Plastic free cling film.
- Compostable packaging.
- Local Food from Butchers for Catering.
- Venison from the hills.
- Support local causes (Kingussie Football Team, Grantown Football Team, Fundraising Events).
- Aiming to be leaders in the area.
- Always improving.
- Aim to be 100% sustainble.
We recognize there’s more to do and our journey continues.